Race Car Mechanic
Job Title: Race Car Mechanic
Special Requirements: Travel including all 18 INDYCAR races.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Juncos Hollinger Racing is seeking a skilled and passionate Indy Race Car Mechanic to join our dynamic and competitive team. As an Indy Race Car Mechanic, you will play a crucial role in the preparation, maintenance, and performance optimization of our IndyCar Series racecars. You will work closely with our team of engineers and drivers to ensure our racecars are in peak condition for every race, contributing to our ongoing success in the world of motorsports.
- Maintain and repair all mechanical components of Indy Race Cars, including but not limited to suspensions, brakes, engines, and drivetrain systems.
- Perform regular inspections and diagnostic tests to identify and address mechanical issues quickly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to implement modifications and upgrades to improve the racecar’s performance and reliability.
- Ensure that racecars are compliant with all technical regulations and safety standards set forth by the Indy Series.
- Participate in pit crew duties during races, including tire changes, refueling, and adjustments as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment in the team’s garage and transport vehicles.
- Keep detailed records of maintenance and repair activities, including parts inventory and usage.
- Assist with pre-race and post-race preparations, including car setup, load-in/load-out, and transportation logistics.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest automotive technology, racecar innovations, and safety standards to remain at the forefront of the racing industry.
- Participate in training and development programs that continually improve skills and knowledge.
- Act as a key team member during practice sessions, qualifying sessions, and races, providing timely support and problem solving.
- Proven experience as a Race Car Mechanic or a similar role in motorsports.
- Strong knowledge of Indy Series regulations and technical requirements.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical issues in race cars.
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems and telemetry analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced racing environment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to travel to various race events, often on weekends and holidays.
- Physical fitness and agility to perform pit crew duties.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to operate transport vehicles is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary education in automotive technology or a related field is a plus
WHO YOU ARE
- You lead by example with a diverse, accessible, and inclusive approach.
- You inspire trust and motivate those around you.
- You push the envelope and strive for originality.
- Win and lose together as a team approach.
Embracing our shared values defines our identity as forward-thinkers at JHR. You embody the essence of accessibility, inclusivity, and humility (Rock the Compassion). You possess a keen awareness of our world, nurturing a proactive spirit to foster positive change (Show heart and hustle). Honesty, trustworthiness, and authenticity are your hallmarks (Champion Integrity). With ambition, agility, and a penchant for innovation, you pave the way for the unique JHR approach (Chart the Unchartered). Recognizing that unity propels us farther, you prioritize the JHR family (Family Comes First).
We invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity at Juncos Hollinger Racing. Join us in shaping the future of racing and be a part of a dynamic team that embodies our core values. To apply, please send us your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
JHR is fully committed to adhering to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination principles, in compliance with federal labor laws. We are mandated by federal law to actively engage, recruit, and offer equal opportunities to individuals who meet the qualifications, irrespective of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other legally protected status. Furthermore, we are obligated to uphold certain recordkeeping and reporting standards, which necessitate us to request employees to voluntarily self-identify their race/ethnicity and gender.
In order to assist us in fulfilling our obligations for recordkeeping and reporting as mandated by federal and state laws, please respond to the inquiries below. It is important to note that providing this information is entirely voluntary, and choosing not to disclose it will not result in any negative consequences. The data collected will be used solely in ways that are consistent with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations.
JHR does not intend to solicit applications or employ individuals under 18, and JHR does not knowingly collect Personal Data from candidates under 18. Any individuals under the age of 18 must have consent from their parent or guardian to apply for job opportunities at JHR or work at JHR. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided JHR with Personal Data without their consent, he or she should contact JHR at firstname.lastname@example.org if they ever become aware that a child under 18 has provided JHR with Personal Data, JHR will take steps to delete such information from JHR’s files.