Job Title: Damper Engineer
Special Requirements: Travel including all 18 INDYCAR races.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Damper Engineer, you will be at the helm of the entire INDYCAR team’s Damper department, overseeing the meticulous development, testing, and application of dampers for both cars. This pivotal role requires a combination of technical expertise, leadership skills, and a deep understanding of damper dynamics within the motorsports industry.
At the Workshop:
- Damper Build and Event Preparation:
- Oversee damper build and event preparation for both cars of the team, collaborating with the 2nd damper engineer.
- Take charge of damper development, integrating innovative ideas into the build process.
- EMA Dyno Testing and Validations:
- Conduct EMA Dyno testing and validations, employing frequency domain team analysis tools to ensure optimal damper performance.
- Data Analysis:
- Focus on data analysis, particularly in the context of damper development, to derive insights for continuous improvement.
- Season Planning:
- Organize and lead planning activities for the season within the damper department, ensuring alignment with overall team goals.
- 7 Post Rig Testing:
- Take responsibility for 7 Post rig damper preparation and actively contribute to the engineering group in 7 post rig testing.
At the Track:
- Timing Stand Presence:
- Work on the timing stand during sessions to propose innovative ideas on damper adjustments and options.
- Data Analysis at the Track:
- Analyze data in real-time to generate new ideas for damper adjustments and options during events.
- Maintenance and Preparation:
- Be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of dampers during events, collaborating closely with the 2nd damper engineer.
- Project Participation:
- Within the engineering group, actively participate in specific projects related to the damper department.
Leadership and Reporting:
- Lead 2nd Damper Engineer:
- Provide leadership to the 2nd damper engineer, overseeing damper builds, dyno runs, developments, and data analysis.
- Report directly to the Technical Director for all projects involving the Damper department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Extensive experience in damper development and testing within the motorsports industry.
- Proficient in EMA Dyno testing and frequency domain analysis tools.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent data analysis capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
Embracing our shared values defines our identity as forward-thinkers at JHR. You embody the essence of accessibility, inclusivity, and humility (Rock the Compassion). You possess a keen awareness of our world, nurturing a proactive spirit to foster positive change (Show heart and hustle). Honesty, trustworthiness, and authenticity are your hallmarks (Champion Integrity). With ambition, agility, and a penchant for innovation, you pave the way for the unique JHR approach (Chart the Unchartered). Recognizing that unity propels us farther, you prioritize the JHR family (Family Comes First).
We invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity at Juncos Hollinger Racing. Join us in shaping the future of racing and be a part of a dynamic team that embodies our core values. To apply, please send us your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
JHR is fully committed to adhering to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination principles, in compliance with federal labor laws. We are mandated by federal law to actively engage, recruit, and offer equal opportunities to individuals who meet the qualifications, irrespective of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other legally protected status. Furthermore, we are obligated to uphold certain recordkeeping and reporting standards, which necessitate us to request employees to voluntarily self-identify their race/ethnicity and gender.
In order to assist us in fulfilling our obligations for recordkeeping and reporting as mandated by federal and state laws, please respond to the inquiries below. It is important to note that providing this information is entirely voluntary, and choosing not to disclose it will not result in any negative consequences. The data collected will be used solely in ways that are consistent with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations.
JHR does not intend to solicit applications or employ individuals under 18, and JHR does not knowingly collect Personal Data from candidates under 18. Any individuals under the age of 18 must have consent from their parent or guardian to apply for job opportunities at JHR or work at JHR. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided JHR with Personal Data without their consent, he or she should contact JHR at firstname.lastname@example.org if they ever become aware that a child under 18 has provided JHR with Personal Data, JHR will take steps to delete such information from JHR’s files.